Hi friends! I apologize for being gone for what seemed like forever! (at least to me) July was full of fun travels, but I’m happy to be home. Today, I have another yummy recipe to share with you! Now that my son is a little older, he wants a little variety in his meals. So, I’ve been spending some time experimenting with different recipes. Most recently, I wanted to find a bread recipe that was gluten and sugar-free. Well, I nailed it on the first try with this Almond Zucchini Bread recipe I found on Running to the Kitchen. I just made one small adjustment in adding walnuts for a lil crunch. It is quick and easy, moist (I know, you hate that word) and delish! See the recipe below and enjoy! PS. I shared this recipe with a gluten-free friend who made it as a cake, added homemade cream cheese frosting and served it at her daughters 1st birthday party. It was a hit!
Almond Zucchini Bread
*All ingredients preferably organic
1 1/2 cups almond flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup grated zucchini (squeeze water out after measuring)
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 mashed banana
1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
1/4 cup of walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease one loaf pan or two mini loaf pans with a lil coconut oil. ( I used one normal size loaf pan)
2. Combine dry ingredients, except nuts, in a small bowl and set aside.
3. Combine wet ingredients, except zucchini, in a large bowl and whisk together vigorously.
4. Add zucchini mix until combined.
5. Pour dry ingredients into wet and mix until incorporated.
6. Stir in nuts.
7. Pour into loaf pan(s).
8. Bake for 32-35 mins. Until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Transfer bread out of pan(s) to cool on wire rack.